Ft Worth, TX.
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
I have 2 skimmers. One is in series with main drain and has float valve. The other in parallel with the 1st one and no float valve.

I would assume that both need float valve because if water drops below level both would induce air. And the parallel one without the float valve is gettin more suction.

Thanks.

I have 2 skimmers. One is in series with main drain and has float valve. The other in parallel with the 1st one and no float valve.

I would assume that both need float valve because if water drops below level both would induce air. And the parallel one without the float valve is gettin more suction.

Thanks.
Just to confirm - you only have 1 suction line at the pump which is pulling from both skimmers/main drain?
Post picture of your suction lines and pump.
Do you have a spa?

Please fill out your signature -- Create Your Signature - Further Reading

Just to confirm - you only have 1 suction line at the pump which is pulling from both skimmers/main drain?
Post picture of your suction lines and pump.
Do you have a spa?

Please fill out your signature -- Create Your Signature - Further Reading
Yes one line from pool to return valve. yes I have a spa on a separate line back to the same valve. I’ll take a pic asap. Thanks.

So I am a little confused with the picture. The valve is shown open to both the left and right plumbing lines which means the pump is suction from both lines. If the right is the SPA (as it is shown handwritten) then you would be draining the spa. Is this accurate? The labels state main drain to left and skimmers on right but assume this is not accurate based on your handwritten note.

Does the spa overflow back to the pool if the return valve is set to spa?

Just trying to understand what is really going on because as you say - if your 2 skimmers and main drain are all connected to 1 line leading to the pump then you have minimal control on how they operate.

Thanks for the answer. I was just illustrating how the pipes come into the valve. I do have minimal control over skimmers because they are plumbed with the main drain. But could I slow down the flow (one skimmer) with a float valve if it’s in parallel? Would I need a float valve in both to protect from low water levels. It seems one float valve in one skimmer only allows for water to come from main drain.

Thanks for the reply. I was just illustrating how the pipes come into the valve. I do have minimal control over skimmers because they are plumbed with the main drain. But could I slow down the flow (one skimmer) with a float valve if it’s in parallel? Would I need a float valve in both to protect from low water levels. It seems one float valve in one skimmer only allows for water to come from main drain.
And no protection from low water levels

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.