CPM10V

Jun 12, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Is there a preferred skimmer diverter plate flap position? I’ve been leaving mine fully open. If fully open will any water be pulled from the main drain? It seems like some sort of ratio between floor drain & skimmer would be preferred. Maybe leaving the flap 3/4 open? If you ran without one would the pump pull an equal amount from both inputs or since the main drain water has to be pulled up maybe not an even split? For reference I haven’t had trouble with the pool, just trying to understand it better. There’s no in floor cleaner or vacuum system in pool, just one drain & one skimmer. Thanks.

These have always seemed like guesswork to me, especially because it's impossible to feel suction at the main drain.

I leave mine wide open for maximum skimming. Once in a blue moon, I'll close the one to the main drain halfway if there's a big temperature difference between the top and bottom water.

Do you have a functioning pressure gauge? If I have both main drain and skimmer fully open, my pressure is ~20psi. If I close the main drain pressure drops a few psi (pump can’t pull enough water from just skimmer return alone). So I run skimmer full open and main drain half open which gives max psi.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.