Skim A Round Skimmers

I started using these skimmers this year, I was wondering if anyone has experienced a slow rise in PH level with the skimmers. It seems like my PH slowly rises from 7.4 to 7.8 over a period of four days and TA seems to follow, CH stays the same, this didn't happen last year when I was using the original baskets and can't seem to find another source for the slow rise of the PH and TA. everything else is stable. Any thoughts?

TA will never rise like PH... What is the TA of your fill water? PH rises faster when the TA is higher and slower when the TA is lower.. :)

TA will never rise like PH... What is the TA of your fill water? PH rises faster when the TA is higher and slower when the TA is lower.. :)my TA stays around 80/90 doesn't rise as much as PH does but there is some increase in my TA when the PH goes up, after about 4 days PH will rise to 7.8 and TA will go up to around 100, but that has only been happening with these new skimmers, never had this issue before with the original baskets, maybe I should go back to the original baskets and see is PH and TA stabilize.

there is no way any kind of skimmer can raise TA... it would have to be made of concrete or some kind of carbonite if it did.. It is most likely testing error for TA.. now the new skimmer may be raising the PH by the cyclone action.. is there any air getting to the pump basket?

What is the TA of the tap water from your hose?

there is no way any kind of skimmer can raise TA... it would have to be made of concrete or some kind of carbonite if it did.. It is most likely testing error for TA.. now the new skimmer may be raising the PH by the cyclone action.. is there any air getting to the pump basket?

What is the TA of the tap water from your hose?
TA is 75/80, put the original baskets back in yesterday, checked today, PH didn't budge. I may have the Skim A Round skimmers set to high and like you mentioned earlier I may be getting air from the vortex created by the skimmers. Haven't had a chance to check the pool TA today.

Reactions: cowboycasey
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.