site issues?

Yeah, the admins on this site are a little old, and they tend to trip over the power cord from time to time. We tried installing a cord keeper, but the tennis balls on their walker kept getting hung up on it. ?‍♂️

Good news bad news here...........

Good news,
Our host has and I both have separate alerts setup that will go off if the server goes down. In minutes one of us will catch it right away and try to figure out what’s going on.

Bad news,
Neither of us have a clue what’s going on. Two days ago when the site crashed it was due to an SSL certificate having issues connecting. We’ve got a ticket setup with the provider to address this issue with a work-a-round in place. Then yesterday I attempted to delete a modification that we tried to use but gave up on. For some reason as it was being deleted something messed with a redirect causing all sorts of issues. The host addressed this and were back for now.

On the backend I’ve got a TON of items that need updated but I’m holding off on doing anything. It’s a hot mess but until I’m confident enough that the site is stable NOTHING is getting touched. In the future there’s a possibility we’ll do a planned shut down to update everything but for now there’s no major reason to update anything. The errors the update fixed are very minor and so far nobody on TFP has noticed any of the errors anyways. When we do a planned shut down I’m gonna push for one to be done overnight but we’ll need to be worked in where we can.

I apologize for the issues but we’ll work this out.

full

• Haha
Reactions: Leebo

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.