Silver bubble insulation (reflectix-type stuff)

hyperionguy

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 2, 2012
Houston, TX
In addition to installing a fountain on the pool inlet, we also wrapped the pool in reflectix-type bubble foil stuff.

We put the stuff in our RV windows while they are being hit with direct sunlight, so it occurred to us to do the same for the pool.

We bought the right sized roll from Amazon and wrapped it. It isn't about keeping pool heat in, which it will not do. It is about shading the pool.

Now, the bubble foil is hot to the touch and the pool liner is cool to the touch. Previously the pool liner was very warm and transferring a lot of heat into the pool.

Just sharing an idea.....1000000492.png

Last edited:
Sorry. I did try yesterday and kept getting an error. It worked now. :)

The pool is 14x42. Circumference is 44 ft. I bought a 36"x50' roll on Amazon. No cuts for height, only cut length. The wrap shades the whole thing except between the skimmer and inlet. Too hot to work on detailed cutouts, plus that area gets little direct sun.

Interesting! My only concern is about trapping moisture on the legs - you don’t want them to prematurely rust.

Your cat seems to enjoy the area!

I feel like it isn't going to be a problem. The coating is robust and the wrap is loose, so air gets in there.

Our last ultra frame at the old house was a salt pool and a couple years into it there were no signs of rust.

I only expect a few years out of these anyway.

Haha, Georgie. He loves to hang out around the pool while we are in it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.