Signature Home Bleach Regular Scent

Jan 25, 2018
San Diego, CA
I stared at the bleach section for a long time trying to find any "pure" bleach at my regular Vons/Safeway grocery store. All of the Chlorox brand had "Chloromax" so I assume none are good.

The generic Safeway bleach "Signature Home Bleach Regular Scent" didn't list the ingredients that I could find so I tried to look it up.

All I could find in terms of product info was this MSDS -
http://www.kellysolutions.com/erenewals/documentsubmit/KellyData%5COK%5Cpesticide%5CMSDS%5C70271%5C70271-24%5C70271-24_Signature_Home_Bleach_Concentrated___Regular_Scent_10_8_2015_12_14_41_PM.pdf

I was happy to see that the only ingredients on the MSDS are these
Chemical Name

Concentration %

CAS No.

Worker Exposure Limit

Sodium Hypochlorite

6% - 9%

7681-52-9

5800 mg/kg / >10500

Sodium Hydroxide

<1.00%

7647-01-0

page2image1605458448

But I'm left wondering
1) are all ingredients listed on the MSDS
2) is this the Safeway brand just make by KIK custom products.

I'll look for dates when I go back. Anyone ever use it?

Thanks,
Cindy

Retail, consumer grade bleach is all the same - sodium hypochlorite, sodium hydroxide (lye), sodium chloride (salt) and water. The lye and salt come from the manufacturing process. KIK makes bleach for almost all brands of bleach. As long as it’s not scented or splashless and the date code shows it’s fresh, then it’s fine to use.

I’m not convinced CloroMax is necessarily a problem for swimming pools, but I need to do more research on it to know for sure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.