Sick for a week and now I have algae

Finally made it home and took a new reading. Down to 9ppm. I ran it up to 20ppm just now. I hate bleach hunting. My neighbors probably think I am running a meth lab with all the bleach I keep bringing in. I bought 6 121oz 8.25% bottles (all they had) and used 3 1/4 to get it to 20ppm. Wife is going back out for more bleach right now. Will check it for OCLT tonight. Still blue and cloudy but when I sweep the bottom a brownish / green cloud poofs up but it is not much. Headed out to brush it again for today.

And, because every thread is useless without pics, this is where I am now. I didn't get a before because I didn't know what I had until I was already trying to fix it. If that makes sense. Just picture the pool clear with a green bottom. lol

shallow end with new scum ball. I like the scum ball. It makes me laugh.
cloudy.jpg

The steps. These are not as hard to get out and clean as I would have figured. As long as they stay in the pool they move around easily. Just don't let them wander to the deep end. I just let them wander while I swept and almost drowned myself trying to get them back in the shallow end, the fun never ends. Next time I will move them, sweep under and behind them, and mount them back right after.
cloudy2.jpg

New evening readings. Guess I am the only one not enjoying my pool this weekend. pH is high but I expected that.

FC 17
CC .5
pH 8.0

1. CC is less than 0.5 ppm = 0.5 ppm
2. An OCLT shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less = 3.5 ppm
3. The water is crystal clear = Light Cloudiness, no green

New evening readings and new results! I did not get up in time to do the morning test before the sun hit the water. I will do it again tonight since I am working tomorrow. New result, my water is crystal clear again! I was surprised to see it this way but sure enough.

FC 14.5
CC .5

2. An OCLT shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less = 2.5 ppm
3. The water is crystal clear = Yes

I plan to keep it at shock level today and overnight one more time for good measure. I don't want that algae coming back. Ever.

FC 17.5 down from 18.5 overnight
CC .5
And water is crystal clear. :mrgreen:

2. An OCLT shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less = 1 ppm
3. The water is crystal clear = Yes

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.