Should vacuuming be this hard?

Update!

So I bought both the wheeled vac head from Amazon, and I bought a triangular head from Menards much like the one mentioned (but a different brand).

The wheeled vac, unfortunately, the edges of the wheels were very poorly finished and I didn’t trust it not to harm my liner. It’s too bad, because it was a great weight and I think could have worked really well. So that one will be going back.

I verified that both the triangular head and my original head kept my pump at 17psi, which is the normal pressure. So no leaks.

The triangular head works MUCH better than the original one. It’s heavier, and stays down better. It also has a rubber-like strip all around the bottom, in addition to brushes, and gets good suction. So I’m going to stick with the triangle head and I’ll be good for now!

Thanks all for your feedback and sharing your own experiences. Lots of great additional ideas here to try in the future.

Update!

So I bought both the wheeled vac head from Amazon, and I bought a triangular head from Menards much like the one mentioned (but a different brand).

The wheeled vac, unfortunately, the edges of the wheels were very poorly finished and I didn’t trust it not to harm my liner. It’s too bad, because it was a great weight and I think could have worked really well. So that one will be going back.

I verified that both the triangular head and my original head kept my pump at 17psi, which is the normal pressure. So no leaks.

The triangular head works MUCH better than the original one. It’s heavier, and stays down better. It also has a rubber-like strip all around the bottom, in addition to brushes, and gets good suction. So I’m going to stick with the triangle head and I’ll be good for now!

Thanks all for your feedback and sharing your own experiences. Lots of great additional ideas here to try in the future.

😀👍

I have a Watertech Pool Blaster, runs off batteries. Best $80 I ever spent.
I bought this. It’s a great middle ground pool vac. Easier/quicker to use than a regular vac without the expense of a robotic (all the robotic ones I found were around $400-$600). Zero worry about getting air out of hoses or letting air get into the pump/filter. Just attach it to your attachments pole, hit “ON”, and you’re off. What a time saver! It came with a micro filter debris bag and it’s impressive with the amount of stuff it picks up! It holds its charge for about 60 min, which is plenty of time for me (and by “me” I mean the kids 😁) to vacuum our 24’ pool.

I broke down and bought the Watertech Pool Blaster LI for $180. Used today for the first time. You were both right - this thing is amazing. A 30 minute vacuum today and my pool floor is the cleanest it’s ever been.

I think one of the biggest advantages of it is being able to vacuum with the pump off. My return otherwise stirs up the water so much that a good deal of sediment is suspended in the water instead of settled on the floor.

Thanks again for the recommendation!

I struggled with low, complete loss of suction myself manually vacuuming. I always checked sll the possible causes but still was seldom able to get a good seal. I thought of the several different connections used to hook up vacuuming systems, which has the largest surface area for possible air leaks? My skim vac plate. So I found a vac plate gasket that fits all size plates. Huge improvement. I cant remember name of product but think poolvacsaver was companys name.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.