should there be a "lump" under liner at the seam

ducati1212

May 8, 2010
might be a silly question but I just noticed after 2 months the seam where the pool joins together (the wall not the liner seam) there is a noticeable bump in the liner. I can feel an edge. I had thought it was seamless.

It might be perfectly normal I dont know why I just noticed it could it be a problem? how would I tell if its a problem or the way it should be? Its under a support post on the outside so all I have to go by is the bump under the liner from the rim to the ground.

help a paranoid pooler out

Bama Rambler

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2009
SouthWest Alabama
It's normal. Even if you use wall foam you can still feel the bump a little. What you're feeling is probably a cover used to cover the bolt heads after making the wall connection.

ducati1212

May 8, 2010
I can feel and see it. its a bump in the liner about as large as say having a pencil behind it all the way down.

I was assuming it was always there but I am paranoid and notice every little thing I am surprised I had not seen / noticed it before.

I wonder if there was a plastic cover over it that came loose although with all the water pressure I would assume if it failed it would be total failure

ducati1212

May 8, 2010
one last mention

I looked at it more closely and I can feel each bolt down the seam and the what I called "bump" is 1 inch to the right of the bolts so its just the connection as far as I can tell. hopefully this is normal and does not damage the liner.

unless I hear otherwise im going to stop worrying about it

Other Threads of Interest