Northwestern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30
Yesterday I had several kids in the pool... in the evening water was clear but got 1ppm CC on when tested (FC 2, CC 1, TC 3, CYA 20 **, PH 7.5), so I added enough chlorine for 10ppm (I didn't use pool math all the way and didn't account for the 2ppm I already had, so ended up with 12ppm rather than 10ppm) and went to bed.

This morning the water is still clear, TC dropped from 13ppm to 12, CC is at .25ppm (My CC barely register, so I guess it is lower than .25). So, SLAM stop criteria met.

My questions are:

Should I have SLAM in the first place or should I have just got FC up back to 5ppm to see if it alone would take care of CC?

As long as water stays clear and OCLT is below 1ppm and CC is below .5, is it OK to stop slamming even if it was on shock level overnight?

Does a solar cover impacts OCLT when slamming?

What about my extra 2 ppm, does it affect OCLT in any way?

** Yes, CYA is low, but for a reason. Going to have to rely on Trichlor for couple week and dont want my CYA too high on the begining of the season.

If you are going to have a pool party, its better to anticipate and raise your FC up to slam levels. This way you wont be chasing your pool. It seams you are Ok to go. If your pool is covered then CC can raise but will lower as soon as you uncover.

If you are going to have a pool party, its better to anticipate and raise your FC up to slam levels. This way you wont be chasing your pool. It seams you are Ok to go. If your pool is covered then CC can raise but will lower as soon as you uncover.
I did got my FC to shock levels in the morning, but my CYA is low… I have been testing and adding chlorine twice a day when pool is not covered, but yesterday I had to delay by few hours adding extra chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.