Shopping for a basic robotic pool cleaner

MikeFL

Oct 5, 2019
Gulf Breeze, FL
I have a rental property with a pool that I maintain, and the day has finally come that the Polaris pump has failed.

The pool has an enclosure that keeps 98% of the pine straw out of the pool so there is never much to vacuum out. I am looking to spend the minimum here as I will be relying on my tenants to take care of the vacuum during the week and I will clean the filter when I service the pool.

Pool has a vinal liner, 7 feet deep and roughly 35' by 25' free form pool with 1 ladder in deep end and steps in the shallow end.

After a quick search on Amazon I found a few in the $200 range ... any recommendations?

Thanks,
Mike

That's a big pool with alot of real estate to cover. The shorter run times of the lesser models may be an issue, and thats for the flagship brands. The budget models are typically for above ground pools (small) and don't climb walls.

If you buy one that doesn't clean enough on one cycle, you'll be reliant on the tenant to reset it for multiple rounds.

Reactions: MikeFL
That's a big pool with alot of real estate to cover. The shorter run times of the lesser models may be an issue, and thats for the flagship brands. The budget models are typically for above ground pools (small) and don't climb walls.

If you buy one that doesn't clean enough on one cycle, you'll be reliant on the tenant to reset it for multiple rounds.
Ah got it … I’ll expand my search and budget a bit. Hoping to get something that will be close to coverage as Polaris basically to brush the liner each week as there is rarely any debris in the pool to pick up.

Reactions: newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.