Shock pool and add keep water balanced during a rainy week?

brianhuynh05

Jun 5, 2020
Atlanta
Hi,

I am new pool owner been trying to balance my water and keep chlorine levels up. Been raining quite a bit here in Atlanta. Its forecast to rain in the next couple of days. What do you guys do in this type of weather? Do you continue to shock pool and add chemicals to the water or do you wait till its Sunny again?

Thanks,
Brian

Brian, welcome to TFP! :wave: Rain is generally no reason to get crazy with chemical management as long as you aren't exchanging a LOT of water. Shocking as you noted is not required. Continue to monitor the FC and pH primarily with your TF-100 (link below) or Taylor K-2006C test kit and always make sure your FC is balanced properly with your current CYA as noted on the FC/CYA Levels. Have a nice weekend.
ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

I just do business as usual. Test on regular schedule, add what is needed. I may back off the SWG production a bit if FC starts to creep up due to no sun... it’s been gloomy for a few days.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.