Shock Level once SLAM is in clear water stage?

Apr 4, 2018
Gastonia, NC
Hi friends!

Been SLAMing my pool per the Pool School and SLAM rules - and it's doing great (of course.)

I had a dark green swamp of mustard algae. 4 days and a lot of bleach and brushing later, my pool is ALMOST crystal clear, and FC level is going down by 3-4ppm every time I check (usually around 6-8 hours) - just a little cloudy in the deep end.

Just wondering - do I still need to keep the chlorine level at the "mustard algae shock" level, or is it okay to put it at regular "shock" level for the remainder of the SLAM?

Thanks y'all! :D

**Edit: I'm sure this is answered somewhere in the forum already, but I've searched and searched to no avail.

Thank you! I've been using mustard algae level the whole time - since it wasn't specified in Pool School/ SLAM directions. (Or did I miss it?)

How do I know when the end of my SLAM is to start that 24 hours?
Is it when the SLAM is totally finished? CC <0.5ppm, OCLT <1.0ppm, and crystal clear?

My FC is at 23 right now - CYA 50. Should I just let it drop to below 20 (regular shock level per PoolMath) before adding more Cl?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.