NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi all - just discovered this forum; super helpful info. I’m half way through a pool build in NJ and have a question re: lighting a sheer descent/spillway.
We are putting in a raised wall with three sheer descents/spillways. Unfortunately, the thought of lighting these water features didn’t come up during the planning so I’m looking for an “aftermarket” solution to illuminate with LEDs. Are there pool-specific, waterproof low voltage LED light strips that can be mounted below the spillway?
We are beyond the point in the build where I could swap to a spillway with lighting integrated so looking for an add-on solution.

thanks!

Wires expose or in pvc piping?
Picture attached for reference. I think it’d be exposed wiring on the front / pool side of the wall (in the picture, you can see the raised wall that steps down from the middle; spillways on the center portion, and the two steps down on either side) but since the back of the wall is still open (it will eventually be landscaping / garden bed), conduit is an option.

Attachments

• 3FA7DB73-8259-48BB-A160-400F2860DCE3.jpeg
    3FA7DB73-8259-48BB-A160-400F2860DCE3.jpeg
    238.7 KB · Views: 27
Interesting you bringing this topic up! I have lighting in my pool but I opted for only white lights and have been curious about colored lights lately. And just today I stumbled across savynt via my mom's Facebook page of all places.
I was about to start a topic asking people their opinion of these ha! So if you try them I am very curious to see Real opinions rather than the opinions they choose to put on their Web page lol

You just gotta find a way of putting them underneath or inside to make it look like this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210323-014234_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20210323-014234_Messenger.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20210323-014240_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20210323-014240_Messenger.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20210323-014109_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210323-014109_Gallery.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 47
Honestly I would imagine if you are just at the gunite stage still, you could still get PB to drill the gunite and slip some conduit in there. Not sure. Although contractors LOVE change orders

Honestly I would imagine if you are just at the gunite stage still, you could still get PB to drill the gunite and slip some conduit in there. Not sure. Although contractors LOVE change orders
You’re likely right. Is there a particular product folks have used that’s a waterproof LED light bar? Not sure if i need something specifically made for pools.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.