Sharing my recent (pleasant) experience with battery powered leaf vac

TexasBR

Silver Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
Houston, TX
I have a lot of trees so I get a lot of leaves and seeds in the pool this time of year.
I had seen, but dismissed the battery operated leaf vac on Amazon.
Recently, I gave it a try, and was pleasantly surprised by its effectiveness and practicality.
To be clear, I have no relationship with the manufacturer whatsoever.

I found it to be lightweight, convenient (no need for a water pipe), and versatile (it picks up bottom leaves as well as floating stuff), and ergonomic.
Importantly, it picks up a lot of stuff quickly.

On a practical note, it uses eight AA batteries, and this is an obvious concern since they weaken and run out (not as quickly as I had feared, but nevertheless).
However, this concern was easy to fix. I switched from the Duracell batteries to 1.5V rechargeable lithium based AA batteries.
(By the time you read this, there is probably a superior alternative available - just make sure the voltage is 1.5V)
With the lithium batteries, the leaf vac works for extended periods like a champ, without losing suction.

Hope this information is useful for someone.

Thanks for the review. I’m happy with my Pool Blaster Max cordless vac, but haven’t tried this one. I can see this being useful in the spring/fall when I have more leaves to clean up.

I have a lot of trees so I get a lot of leaves and seeds in the pool this time of year.
I had seen, but dismissed the battery operated leaf vac on Amazon.
Recently, I gave it a try, and was pleasantly surprised by its effectiveness and practicality.
To be clear, I have no relationship with the manufacturer whatsoever.

I found it to be lightweight, convenient (no need for a water pipe), and versatile (it picks up bottom leaves as well as floating stuff), and ergonomic.
Importantly, it picks up a lot of stuff quickly.

On a practical note, it uses eight AA batteries, and this is an obvious concern since they weaken and run out (not as quickly as I had feared, but nevertheless).
However, this concern was easy to fix. I switched from the Duracell batteries to 1.5V rechargeable lithium based AA batteries.
(By the time you read this, there is probably a superior alternative available - just make sure the voltage is 1.5V)
With the lithium batteries, the leaf vac works for extended periods like a champ, without losing suction.

Hope this information is useful for someone.
Jared, I was referring to the Pool Blaster. The lithium batteries make it work better.

Reactions: TexasBR
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.