Setting up for the first time and I'm losing confidence fast :,(

Ooona

May 23, 2022
Brooklyn, NY
I'm trying to set up my new 14x8 bestway pool and I'm feeling a little hopeless. I spent time leveling the yard as much as possible and thought it looked decent. I set down the gorilla pad, then got to work on setting the structure up.
I've put pavers under each leg, which are a little thick (around 2") because even though the instructions indicate they shouldn't be thicker than 2cm, I keep seeing posts on the forum where thinner pavers have snapped. I've dug out some of the soil to fit them in a bit better.
The legs look wonky though.
I'm going around with a level and straightening them out but the moment I push one nice and straight, I'm pushing another one out.
The pool is currently a few inches full of water. When I go around placing the level on the horizontal bars, it's all over the place.
I'm scared to proceed because I don't know WTF I'm doing and I don't want a catastrophic failure that breaks the pool and floods my yard.
The pool itself only has a capacity of around 1900 gallons I think, I wonder if that makes it more forgiving of my less than perfect set up.
Any advice is so welcome.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    754.3 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    820.9 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    889.9 KB · Views: 18
I have an 18 round Intex and if you want perfectly level legs, you will drive yourself nuts. The first time I filled up the pool, I was ocd and checked the legs every hour. But there comes a point, pretty early in the process, where you can't move the legs anyway. The water will push the legs out as it fills and they will never be perfect.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.