Set up pool, plugged in pump, nothing

Jul 1, 2017
Massena ny
I feel like I am missing something within my set up instructions for my InTEXT easy set pool. Everything is set up it is brand-new and when I went to plug in the filter it makes no noise and does not turn on. This is the pump that use this filter a. I do not know if I am missing an on switch, or if I need to push one of these buttons on the plug at the end of the cord. There is a red button that says reset and the yellow button that says test. I have tried pushing each of them with no luck. I've already checked the outlet and it is in working order. If anyone can tell me when I am missing it would be greatly appreciateD

New pump plugged in not running

I have an easy set intex pool that I set up brand new and plugged in filter and it doesn't make a sound . It acts as if there is no power but there is power coming from the outlet. No clue what is going on. There is a reset button on the plug from the pump but I does nothing if o push it . Suggestions?

Welcome to TFP!
The thing on the end of the pump cord is a GFI (ground fault interrupter). It is there to protect the pump and the people around the pool from getting a jolt. Did you try pushing the reset button with it plugged into the outlet? Not sure, but it may need power for it to reset. I know they need power to test them (with the red button). If that doesn't work, you may want to return the pump. Or you could take it to another outlet in your garage or basement etc and try it on a different circuit. If it starts, unplug it right away so you don't run it without water. But that could mean there is a fault on your pool circuit and needs checked out by an electrician.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.