Sense and Dispense Calibration

Uncle Salty

Gold Supporter
Feb 3, 2017
South Carolina
I got a email notification this morning via my AquaPlus Automation saying my PH was high which surprised me as it usually never budges form 7.5. Pull it up on my phone via AquaConnect and it's reading PH at 8.3! I immediately go out to my equipment pad and the Stenner pump is cycling acid continually, so I get my TF-100 out and run a PH test and it's reading 7.0 now that the Stenner had been pumping acid. I ended up doing a calibration on the probe based off my reading and all seems inline again so I started the aerating process to bring it back to 7.5. If I didn't have a good kit to calibrate with I can't imagine how much more acid would have been added and how low my PH would have been. I'll be keeping a eye on this, perhaps the probe needs a cleaning if it goes out again. Anyone else have this happen before?

Salty

I'm not speaking against automation by saying this, but these kind of things are inherent with automation. This is including multi thousand dollars units controlling pH or Chlorine for huge industrial systems. Nature of the beast, and something that needs to be attended too often if you want to be safe.

Yes it's easy to focus on 2% when you're having issues and forget about the 98% when it works as it's supposed to. I ended up cleaning the probe and recalibrated based on my own test results and I'm now back remembering the 98%! Made a note of cleaning date and will note the next time is goes off track and set it up as a PM reminder.

Salty

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.