Second year pool owner new to the forum

Hello from Ohio.
We bought a house in the winter of 2016 that had a existing in ground pool. The pool is 18 Year’s old this spring but the previous owners kept right up on the maintenance and it’s in pretty good shape. I would like to get a more economical pump and within the next few years it will probably need a new liner. The last one was replaced in 2008.

The main reason I joined this year is I’m seriously considering getting off the Mineral Springs system this year. We had a good bit of renewal and beginnings left over from the previous owners last year so just continued with it last summer. We had no problems with the pool at all however it was a cool summer and didn’t really use it hard. The local pool store is running their spring sale until the middle of the month for chemicals and have been calling non stop for my order. My wife thinks the ease of dumping the pack in once a month is worth the cost, me not so much. I have until the 16th of April to get the 20% off deal.

Thanks for having me and I’ll be reading up over the next several day to help make my decision.

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: You and the Mrs should take a moment to do a search here for Mineral Springs, minerals, or anything related to those tags to see what can happen - metals in the water. So be very careful about those products. I would recommend reviewing/saving the vital links you see below in my signature. The Recommended Chemicals is one that applies to your current discussion. The only thing I would get at the pool store might be muriatic acid. Everything else I get at my local grocery store. :) Great to have you with us, and congrats on the new house & pool. Let us know if we can help you in the future.