Ashtabula, OH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
Found the best guy in the area to blast, re-antique, and seal my pool deck.

I'm used to using a hybrid Silane/Siloxane on concrete drives. He is recommending DecoCrete D1. I think I trust him, he has the best reputation.

Here is the product:

Here is the SDS:

Anyone understand the chemistry enough to know if this stuff is good?

Hey Poolstored and Welcome to TFP !!! To call science-y members, you type the @ symbol and their handle. Like @JoyfulNoise. Anywho have a great day. :ROFLMAO:

This is a video of the guy doing the work and the exact process. The guy talking is from the supply house, they just came out to my installers jobsite to film.

The methyl methacrylate is essentially super glue. The PROPRIETARY chemical is just their siloxane mix (hydrophobic material). The rest of it is all solvents and wetting agents to increase penetration.

Basically waterproof glue for concrete surfaces.

So good, bad, or Meh ?

Not that easy to say just looking at the bottle. That’s like saying which is better - Johnny Walker Red label or Johnny Walker Gold label. You can’t tell just looking at it, you gotta have three fingers neat and see how it tastes … I prefer single malt scotches myself, preferably with a little peatiness in the flavor.

If your guy has a good reputation and he says this stuff is ‘da bomb, then I think it’s safe to try. The formulation looks good enough on paper but, like most things construction related, it’s the goon behind trowel that makes or breaks the job.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.