Navarre/FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I noticed that most people do not have their pools enclosed in a screen enclosure. I was wondering if there is a reason why you chose not to enclose. What are some of the advantages and disadvantages of having your pool enclosed? I was thinking a huge advantage was preventing critters and leaves from gathering in the pool. However there must be lots of disadvantages if so many have decided not to enclose. Please give me your thoughts since this is one of the items we are considering when we have our new IG pool built.

I think you need to break this down by where people are located.
Here in Florida, I believe a majority have their pools enclosed. We had a screen enclosure built because of bugs. We live on a small lake and between mosquitoes and love bugs, a screen was a no-brainer. Also, it is nice not to have to get mulch, cut grass, or even the occasional gator out of the pool.
The only negative (maybe) is slightly lower pool temps but once the outside temp gets to 95 for a few days, our water is generally around 90 without using a heater of any kind.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.