School me on electric heat pumps to heat up pool in texas

ap2002

Bronze Supporter
Apr 12, 2016
Houston, TX
Please school me on heat pumps, we are starting to design our choices for our next pool build at our new home... Here is the dilemma, we are on two acres, lets just say most of our appliances are electric, the only thing we have on propane is our stove which is supplied by a 100gal propane tank, i do not want a bigger tank so that is the reason of wanting to go the heat pump route and NOT a gas/propane heater.

We are in southern Texas where is we dont have very cold or long winters... only to be used occasionally

help me on choosing a heat pump for lets say a 18-20K gal pool, no spa,

Reactions: Lineman7
If you’ve already made the choice to get a heat pump then simply purchase the largest (typically 125kBTU/hr) heater you can afford. The greater the BTUs the faster the pool will warm up. There’s really no more sizing required than that.

Oh, and design your pool so that you can easily take on and off a bubble cover. A cover is an absolute must if you plan to use any kinds of heater with a pool.

Reactions: Lineman7
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.