Sandy pools

Hayseed

Bronze Supporter
Jun 7, 2018
Keyser, WV
I have seen quite a few postings where sand has been found on the pool floor? And I was wonder, if after the line left the filter to the pool, if within that stretch you insert a t fitting and have a down pipe connected the longer the better, with a clean out at the bottom, do you think sand leaving the filter would collect at the bottom of the tube, as the sand is heavier than water, or is the force not going to let this happen?

I see where you are going, but I think a good amount of sand would still go past and into the pool. I say that because at the point of pressurized released at the filter outlet, the water is pushing quite hard. Any sand getting past the laterals is suspended with the water and will blow right on by. Now once the water has exited the return jets, most of that pressure diminishes quickly which is why it's so common to find sand fallen in the area of the return jets.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.