Sand supply

Hayseed

Bronze Supporter
Jun 7, 2018
Keyser, WV
where do you purchase sand for filters? I found pool sand on the web sites of both Lowes and Home Depot. But they don't have it in stock, can't or won't special order it, and neither will ship to home. But it is listed on there websites. I have heard their sacrete brand was not very good in any case. I have found it on line but they want around 12 dollars per 50#, and $23 to ship each bad. I have never been in a pool store, do they typically sell pool sand there? Thank for any help you can give.

Your best bet for proper filter sand is probably a pool store, or a local discount store that sells pool supplies. I would expect to pay $10-20 per 50lbs depending on the store.

I would avoid the sakrete / quickcrete pool filter sand sand.

Ace hardware has HTH sand in some stores if you have one near by.

Just checked this thread and noticed the Ace hardware idea. Yesterday i went their and picked up 5 bags, I did more searches and found they had it too. Thanks a heap, of sand. 13 dollars for fifty lbs, I'll be sure to keep it nice and clean for that price.

This is probably the only reason why I would go to Leslie's, but if there is a better priced pool store, I'd go there. I've heard of and seen that the sand (even if it states #20 silica) from hardware/big box stores that happen to sell pool supplies, but don't specialize in them, don't stock quality product.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.