Sand Removal Query

Cekkk

Jun 29, 2019
Pahrump NV
I maintain our pool and have had no problems keeping it spotless. Until now. We are in the Mojave desert, and BLM land is a little over 100 feet behind the pool. I generally have the pool covered if I am not in it. But the powered pool cover developed a rip and could not be extended for a couple weeks while waiting for the replacement. Naturally a boatload of dirty desert sand got into it. I begin opening the pool a week ago. Monkey with the chemistry and running my zodiac G3 to clean up the small amount of leaf debris and I am now left with quite a bit of dirt on the bottom. If I run a brush over the bottom a cloud of smokey dirt floats up. It’s fine and passes through the vac’s netting .

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to get this thing cleaned up quickly. Is there a vacuum out there that would Capture the sand and not run it through the skimmer and into the pump and a filter? Any other ideas?

It’s an inground, vinyl wind 16 x 32 pool. Well equipment is Pentair, variable speed pump, filter and 400 K heater.

Thanks a lot.

Stop the pump for the night and let it all settle on the bottom then run your manual vacuum in the morning.. With a 410 sg ft filter you should be good for the year with only 1 cleaning.. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.