Sand in pool

wolfman13

Jun 1, 2022
kansas
I am having a terrible time keeping sand out of my pool. I am using ruby red sand...I have taken all of the sand out of my filter and have
also taken the laterals off the line. They look like they are in good shape...If I fill a lateral with sand should it be able to leak out of the
lateral or stay in it because my sand goes through the lateral and ends up in the pool... What can I do
thank you

What do you think of the Zeobrite
Me personally, sand is the way to go. Tried & true and been used for decades. Sand doesn't go bad and only requires an occasionally deep clean. We do have some Zeobrite users on the forum. I'm sure if you do a search you'll see tons of discussions.

I have one more question. I am sorry to bother you----I have a pentair triton 2 filtered i have 6 laterals which turn
a bit and lock into place. Do all laterals have the same size slits in the sides....
Thank you Preston

Do all laterals have the same size slits in the sides....
I couldn't answer that one. Sorry. When I look-up the specs on Pentair laterals they show the lateral size for compatibility but not the actual slot sizes to prevent sand from penetrating. I will mention that along with the #20 silica sand details, sometimes pool sand products will be labeled .45-.55 mm in size.

Reactions: wolfman13
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.