sand in pool

scout123

Bronze Supporter
Feb 18, 2018
Northwest GA
I have a small intex pool with the intex sand filter/pump/swg combo. I moved the pool this year and in the processI think cracked a lateral or many laterals...I haven't emptied the filter to check. I noticed sand on the bottom of my pool. I can vacuum it up and the pool stays clear until I run the pump. My question: Does it damage the pump to run it with the filter spitting sand back out? My plan is to upgrade to a permanent pool next year, so I hate to go to the expense of fixing the filter it it's okay to run it this way. I only run it 3 hours a day bc that generates enough chlorine for my small 2000 gallon pool. And the sand in the pool is no big deal since I can vacuum it up in 5 minutes with my hand held intex vacuum. What do you think... okay to run it as is for the next 4 months, or it needs to be fixed?? thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.