sand filter recommendations

mau

Jul 7, 2012
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Husband inadvertently destroyed the plug on our Pentair Tagelus 60D sand filter while trying to deep clean and fix plug issues. Tried new plugs but still leaking, now worse than ever. Pentair Tagelus 60D sand filter leaking at drain plug after attempt to deep clean Now just recirculating while I try to research what to do.

Any recommendations? I'm tempted to just replace the Tagelus with another so we could just fit it into current setup. We had to replace the pump a few years ago.

But water had been getting cloudy except in winter when pump wasn't running so I assumed it was the filter (which is why we attempted the unfortunate deep clean attempt).

Just wondering if there was anything better out there. If there is a way to permanently plug the old one I'm open to suggestions.

Also any estimates on what it should cost to get replaced. Pool store says expect about $1,000.

Last edited:
Just saw the thread below where someone installed a bulkhead - he actually tried something like that which is what but probably did incorrectly which made the problem worse.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.