Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hello,
My hayward S-244T sand filter pressure now drops instead of rising, as filter gets dirty. This happens on both suction side gauge and filter gauge. Nothing has changed in equipment setup since last year. Backwashing returns pressures to normal.

Clean pressure is around 28psi on the filter and measured flow rate is 35gpm.

I read somewhere that this dropping pressure may be due to channeling in the sand. Never heard of this otherwise.

Filter still works and water is crystal clear. Not too sure if this can eventually cause problems so would really like to diagnose it asap.

Anyone seen this before or have any idea?

Sgt Wilko

Interesting. Well, if you didn't have the link already, here it is (below) so you can test that theory. :)

Hey! Texas Splash. Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am aware of this sticky but since it is not a trivial process (my MP valve is hard plumbed into the system), I was hoping someone might have an explanation for my dropping pressure issue. I'm planning to tackle the filter replumbing and sand cleaning at the end of the season.

Sgt Wilko

Attachments

• 20210528_160351.jpg
    20210528_160351.jpg
    351.9 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.