Sand filter on tiny pool?

Jun 1, 2015
Carlton/oregon
Hello,
I had to replace my ultra frame pool this year due to rust and as well as a leaky liner. I have a larger replacement but I am having second thoughts about installing it this season as it is going to be busier than usually for me.
I am considering just getting an Intex inflatable ring pool but HATE the filter that comes with it. I tried calling Intex but that was no help.
Can I install my sand filter and SWG on a small inflatable ring pool? I realize "flow rate" has something to do with it, but I am pretty ignorant when it comes to that. Help???

Hello,
I had to replace my ultra frame pool this year due to rust and as well as a leaky liner. I have a larger replacement but I am having second thoughts about installing it this season as it is going to be busier than usually for me.
I am considering just getting an Intex inflatable ring pool but HATE the filter that comes with it. I tried calling Intex but that was no help.
Can I install my sand filter and SWG on a small inflatable ring pool? I realize "flow rate" has something to do with it, but I am pretty ignorant when it comes to that. Help???
The inner diameter of the Intex filter hoses should fit on the Intex Easy Set (inflatable ring) filter inlet/outlet. You might need a hose clamp to insure they don't slip off. Make sure the pool is Intex brand. (the "knock-offs" have smaller fittings)

Reactions: lightnirod
Thank you for the replies! Finally getting it set up, gonna give my sand filter and saltwater system a go on this little pool. I really hate to use chlorine (I can't never get the balance right) and the rediculously ineffective filter they sell with the Easy Set pools!

I am assuming you are saying you hate manually putting chlorine in the pool, because your SWG is making chlorine for the pool. Just putting this here so you don't get a bunch of "you have to use chlorine" posts from our enthusiastic and well meaning members!

I have a small 12 foot intex (I think it's about 2000 gallons) I changed out my filter and pump as well to the intex pump/swg combo and sand filter. I did have to cut bigger holes in my pool bc the hoses that came with the pool (and the cut outs) were too small. I'm on my 2nd year with it this way. With such a small pool, I only have to run my swg 3 hours to keep my FC at 4.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.