Sand filter n sludge

Bcww79

Mar 21, 2020
Lake Jackson Texas
Okay so I just switched to a sand filter and I did not backwash after installing it ( wasn’t aware I should until later) and now I keep getting a foamy brown sludge on the water surface
I can over fill the pool and get it off and water is crystal clear but an hour or so after they are done swimming it starts happening again
When I installed the new pump I shocked pool and added algaecide because there was brown in spots on bottom of pool
So does this sound like sand or algae
I’m new to all this my chlorine tests high but ph is great

"79", there are a few things to watch for in your case such as:
- What are your current test results? We look for a full set of result from a TF-100 or Tyalor K-2006C kit. That's always #1.
- How are you chlorinating?
- Why did you use an algaecide, and what kind was it?
- Have you added any other pool store products to the water?
- How long has the pool been filled with water, and where did the fill water come from (city, well, etc?
- Please update your signature, and when you do make sure to include which test kit you have.

These are all very important questions. A new sand filter shouldn't produce the sludge you are referring to on the surface. With some more info we should be able to help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.