Sand filter cracked-need suggestions on new one

Apr 24, 2014
St. Louis
I’ve noticed a patch of putty on a section of my Hayward E200 sand filter, and when I have my pump on there is a slow drip from it. There has also always been water underneath it even in hot weather so I’m guessing there is another crack underneath. I would like to just replace the filter as my multi port valve and pump is fairly new. Any suggestions on good ones? Am I able to just buy the filter part? I’ve been looking online and most come with a pump which I don’t need.

Thanks for any suggestions!

The multi-port valve for your filter works on Hayward Pro Series Sand Filters S166T, S180T, S210T, or S220T. The Hayward S210T is the closest in size to your current filter. It uses 250lbs of sand, where the E200 uses 200lbs. If your pool is plumbed with ridged pvc pipes you may need to make some adjustments to get the connections the right height for a new filter.

Awesome, thanks for the reply....my pool is plumbed with rigid pvc pipes. A filter I'm looking at now holds 175lbs of sand, and my current Hayward uses 200lbs. How many pounds of sand is good for a 24ft round by 52in high pool? I want it work very efficient, and don't mind spending the extra $$$ if it's worth it. My pump is a 1.5hp two speed.

The S220 would be the largest filter that fits that multi-valve port you already have. Bigger is a good choice for sand filters. Next time you need to replace the pump, a 2 speed 1 hp would be better. 1.5 hp is a lot of pump and burns a lot of electricity to run. You can run a 2 speed on low for filtration and kick it up to high for vacuuming.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.