Sand coming out jets and out back wash

Thanks for confirming it's sand. I would order the spider gasket for the multiport and open it up. It's a pretty easy and cheap fix if that's what it is.

If not, then I think you are looking at removing the sand and checking the laterals as well as the positioning of the center pipe (which can sometimes come unseated)

duraleigh said:
Thanks for confirming it's sand. I would order the spider gasket for the multiport and open it up. It's a pretty easy and cheap fix if that's what it is.

If not, then I think you are looking at removing the sand and checking the laterals as well as the positioning of the center pipe (which can sometimes come unseated)

Thank you sir for your advice and reply. I will order the gasket. Not knowing exactly how the water goes through the filter I have a question about that. Does the water when filtering enter the center pipe and go out through the laterals or the other way around.

@jblizzle

Re PSI. As I said, it's not perfect system using psi but it has worked well for me. Savings are good, filtration excellent, chemistry ease to maintain. I credit a lot of it to the variable speed motor running at the lower speed on a 24/7 schedule. Still playing with the variables. Not sure of your 20-25% recommendation. Willing to play with it. How did you calculate that percentage?

That recommendation is based on the collective knowledge of some of the experts in this forum {before my time ;) }

Intuitively it makes sense as the backwash pressure is then proportional to the clean pressure which is a function of the total system design / head loss. A fix X psi just is illogical as every system is different. If you have a very low head loss system with a clean pressure of 5psi, waiting to 15psi you may not have very much flow left at all.

BTW, with a VS pump, the clean pressure and backwash pressure should be checked at a higher speed so that you can actually see the pressure increase. Mine runs near 2-3psi on low so no way to see a 25% increase easily.

linen said:
Patricio said:
Does the water when filtering enter the center pipe and go out through the laterals or the other way around.
It goes down through sand and then up through laterals/stand pipe during filtering.

In continuation of the sand problem, I have managed to slow the EcoStar down during priming and the sand is not coming out during backwash. however, I seem to have lost pressure on the pressure gauge. The pump is now priming at 2400 rpm. I noticed the pressure gauge becoming a little erattic and now it does not seem to register much more than 1 lb anytime, even when priming. Could this be further indication of a blown spider gasket? Thank you in advance amigos!!!!

linen said:
If you can find a pressure gauge that is oil filled, it will last much longer.

By the way, I looked you up on the map and saw how remote you are! Looks isolated and beautiful there!

It is that! It takes about 45 min to 1 hr in a water taxi to get to Puerto Vallarta where I get parts. I have attached a photo that I just snapped. The rain just stopped. I will try to find an oil filled gauge. Thanks again.

Attachments

• IMG_3421.JPG
    IMG_3421.JPG
    433 KB · Views: 17

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.