Chandler, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Purchased the Taylor K-2006C recently and having been using the 25 ml sample quantity for testing FC and CC. Since the 25 ml sample requires more drops of R-0871 to determine FC, are there any downsides to using the smaller 10 ml size? Improved accuracy?

I have the same question...I have been using the 10ml to save drops, but was wondering why the instructions call for 2 scoops of the powder regardless of whether you are using 10 or 25ml. Wouldn't one scoop work the same in the 10ml as 2 in the 25 as far as reactivity, since you are cutting the number of drops for the math proportionally with 10?

One heaping scoop is enough for the 10 mL sample, two level scoops for the 25 mL sample.

Just like washing machine detergents, the manufacturers always advise you use the max.... so you'll be buying more! Shampoos say wash/rinse/repeat. Do you *really* need to repeat it?? :brickwall:

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: DanF
See discussion here:

The powder is pretty cheap, and the Taylor scoop is smaller than the one with the TFT-100. So two scoops for 10ml is fine too. :)

Reactions: kevinskii and DanF
Purchased the Taylor K-2006C recently and having been using the 25 ml sample quantity for testing FC and CC. Since the 25 ml sample requires more drops of R-0871 to determine FC, are there any downsides to using the smaller 10 ml size? Improved accuracy?
I always do the 10 ml sample. It will also save you money on reagent refills. :)
EDIT: I have the TF-100 test kit, if it makes any difference. ??‍♀️

Reactions: DanF
I have the SpeedStir. I find that taking the magnetic bean out of the sample tube before adding the 10 ml of test water makes it easier and more accurate. Others find that?

I have the SpeedStir. I find that taking the magnetic bean out of the sample tube before adding the 10 ml of test water makes it easier and more accurate. Others find that?
That's because the bean displaced some water and you're not really measuring 10 ml, more like 9 or 8 ml, depending on the size of your bean. You have to measure your sample first, then add the bean. I think Aristotle discovered that. One of those Greek philosophers, anyway.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.