Saltwater sand filter upgrade, Help?

Sunlover78

Jun 29, 2019
Charleston, SC
I just bought an Intex 1600gph sand filter pump & saltwater system. I am realizing in order to use the upgraded system to replace the cartridge filter which came w easy set 15x42, addtl parts are needed. Looking over the parts needed, I’m second guessing my purchase. Can this new pump even be used with my pool? Any reason they are not compatible? Pump rate vs system rate?

I have that exact pump/filter/swg on my little 12 foot intex and it works great. I don't know the difference though between the easy set and frame pools, but I'd think it would work??? My small pool came with the 1.25 inch hoses and the holes in the pool were the same size, so I did cut the output hole bigger and put a new eyeball return on that so I could use the 1.5 inch hoses that fit the pump. I then plugged the other hole and use the intex over the wall skimmer. Good luck.

I have that exact pump/filter/swg on my little 12 foot intex and it works great. I don't know the difference though between the easy set and frame pools, but I'd think it would work??? My small pool came with the 1.25 inch hoses and the holes in the pool were the same size, so I did cut the output hole bigger and put a new eyeball return on that so I could use the 1.5 inch hoses that fit the pump. I then plugged the other hole and use the intex over the wall skimmer. Good luck.
Thanks for the info. I assume both pools are similar. I have 3 total holes with hoses attached to current cartridge pump. One for output and 2 return. Will I need to plug up one of the returns and cut other return to accommodate 1.5 in hose?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.