Saltron Mini in hot tub

Kpax755

May 11, 2020
Columbus, OH
I've read pretty good reviews on this site about the Saltron mini, I currently use the bleach method but it can be hard to keep adding daily chlorine. I have a 500 Gal tub with ozone.

Just curious on everyone's opinion, I've heard a few people mention how the salt can harm some equipment.

I have had one for a little over a year and it helps me be a little more lazy - so I like it.

The amount of salt the Saltron Mini needs is 2500ppm which isn't enough to really damage things in the tub any more than regular hot tub water could. As long as you keep your PH in check then I wouldn't expect to see any degradation from using salt with your tub. Plus, you already have salt in your water from people, bleach, and acid additions. How much is the question...

Reactions: Mdragger88
I’ve used one for five years plus, recently replaced it. I love it. I keep my salt at 2200 ppm and it works fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.