Omnilogic No Water Flow

krarvind

May 27, 2024
Mississauga
@hendrgm
How did you delete the flow message. I have the same error and also CHLOR too low salt chlorinator... water was tested last week, all was fine except low free chroline level. Have a salt water system. Now the pool is green and very cloudy, seems water flow sensor is causing the pool not to function properly but my pool system isn't shutting off like it's supposed to be after 20 mins... Any suggestions on what to look for, I have cleaned filter cartridge, skimmer basket and pump filter basket/

Last edited by a moderator:
Opened the pool 2 weeks ago, Water was tested last week, all was fine except low free chroline level. Have a salt water system. Now the pool is green and very cloudy, seems water flow sensor is causing the pool not to function properly but my pool system isn't shutting off like it's supposed to be after 20 mins... Any suggestions on what to look for, I have cleaned filter cartridge, skimmer basket and pump filter basket. What else can I look for? Tried to shock the pool didn't help...

Post a pic of your flow message.

What is not functioning properly?

1716865767148-png.577896

Thanks for your reply @ajw22. I had the technician in today and he took out the salt cell and cleaned with salt cell cleaner to remove significant calcium build up. That fixed the issue. Now that I have seen him do it, I know what to do next time. The error message I had was "No Water Flow Flow Sensor". He also cleared all the pumps of any air etc.

If you do the proper water testing with the right test kit and adjust your water chemistry you can probably prevent the scaling from happening.

Let me know if you are interested in discussing and read...

Thanks @ajw22 . Another qn, how do you "properly" maintain the filter cartridge ( I had a chroline pool with sand filter and didn't have any issues for 8 yrs in my old house)... I bought a new one last season and it's already causing issues. Pool is clean, water levels are all good now yet filter cartridge in is restricting the water flow so much that only at 100% pump speed heater comes on vs without it at 70% or min heater speed. I have cleaned the filter twice in the last 2 weeks by soaking it in the liquid overnight and hosing it down in the morning. Can the cartridge stop functioning properly in 1 season?

If you cannot get your cartridge to flow then you should replace it.

What model filter do you have?

What brand cartridge was it?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hayward filter CS200e. Now I have a new problem, the open latch keeps rotating and top drum doesn't open, it's air tight. I was trying to put the cartridge back in, have done it many times but now it won't open.. grrr. Why would the drum lock