Salt Water Chlorine Generator science

mguzzy

Gold Supporter
I was searching for something else and came across this webpage from the Purdue Chemistry department
Purdue Chem Ed- Electrolytic Cells
Scroll down or click on "The Electrolysis of Aqueous NaCl " and guess what, its a SWG cell... I wish my College Chemistry class had fun stuff like this.. We just blew stuff up with home made Hydrogen gas potato guns and sprayed each other with the emergency showers.

I submit this for all to reference in the Deep End.

Last edited:
I was searching for something else and came across this webpage from the Purdue Chemistry department
Purdue Chem Ed- Electrolytic Cells
Scroll down or click on "The Electrolysis of Aqueous NaCl " and guess what its a SWG cell... I wish my College Chemistry class had fun stuff like this.. We just blew stuff up with home made Hydrogen gas potato guns and sprayed each other with the emergency showers.

I submit this for all to reference in the Deep End.
Thanks for the find. Very interesting!

[EDIT]
I did this reply on my phone and somehow managed to slip into the wrong thread. Must have touched "similar threads" while scrolling to do the quotation. I copied it over to the correct thread now, but don't seem to be able to delete this one. If an admin sees this one here, could you please delete it?
[/EDIT]

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.