salt water chlorinator for 45,000L pool in Australia

Mar 22, 2018
Elanora, AUS
Hi,
my astral salt water chlorinator is no longer functioning. it reads low salt when there’s bit and we’re having to add loads of chlorine so i’m in the market for a new one.

bit restricted in going around pool shops with covid. went to my local one for advice and then just said to get the neptune NDC C25 for $1500 installed but didn’t offer any other advice or options, except to say that the astral needs a high level of salt and is thus best avoided.

wondering if anyone had any recommendations for chlorinators. we don’t need anything fancy just want something reliable. i can’t find many reviews of the neptune thst was recommended.

thank you for your wisdom!

Roberts
I haven't seen the Neptune before but it looks OK. Would you consider your climate Tropical?
If so you might consider 30g/hr or more. If not the 25g/hr will do with proper water chemistry.
How are you testing your water?
If I had to pick a new SWCG I would look at one that had cell output adjustment of 25% increments or more for better control.
Automatic Reverse polarity for cell cleaning.
and a timer for multiple run times.

hi, thanks so much for your reply, will have a further look into it and make sure what I get has those features.
officially we’re a sub-tropical climate. i test using just the strips usually but once a month or so during the summer, take a sample to the pool shop.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.