Salt Sale (Houston) - for those needing massive amounts of salt post Harvey

beemer

Mar 29, 2016
Spring, Texas
Finally broke down and started through my overflowing stack of mail. Found a TexSun flyer for "Sizzing Summer Savings" valid Aug 28 - Sept 10 - DE, Acid, and Salt on sale.

Salt reg. 12.80 on sale for 6.99

We are chlorine only, so no idea if that's a good deal or not, but thought I'd mention it as I know a lot of folks have said they needed ALOT of salt to bring their pools back up. Seemed very fortuitous if you have TexSun in your area.

The cheapest salt for a pool is water softener salt (99% metal free versions only), but if supplies are low it would be a good option. Water softener salt might take a few hours to dissolve, but totally worth the savings especially if you have to buy a lot of it.

The best acid is muriatic acid which is usually cheaper from a big box store. The dry version is more expensive and it add sulfates which can build up and become an issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.