Salt question and saturation index ?

schatz

May 15, 2017
Tucson, Arizona , U.S,A
What role does salt play on the pool math page ? How do I check it? The saturation index number I am getting is -4 with my current readings but that number changes when I change the salt level number so I am thinking to raise salt levels rather than add Calcium chloride and raise CA right? but how do you check salt level, do I need another tester? I now have been using the K-2006 for a couple years now and works great, Thank you guys.

FC- 5
CC-0
TA -80
CH -180
CYA-50
PH-7.2-7.6

I guess that would make sense. I was just curious if I should have a higher CH or maybe add more salt and give me a little more wiggle room on the ph. And also the saturation index recommendation is changing when I change my numbers on the salt or CH, I thought we were after a reading of zero, but it is recommending -.17 to -2.9 depending on what my CH or salt is. A little confusing .

Unless you get an SWG, salt is not a parameter that we test for. There is no point.

Put CH, pH, TA, FC, CC, and CYA within the guidelines we suggest in pool school and there is seldom any reason to test csi, either.

What role does salt play on the pool math page ? How do I check it? The saturation index number I am getting is -4 with my current readings but that number changes when I change the salt level number so I am thinking to raise salt levels rather than add Calcium chloride and raise CA right? but how do you check salt level, do I need another tester? I now have been using the K-2006 for a couple years now and works great, Thank you guys.

FC- 5
CC-0
TA -80
CH -180
CYA-50
PH-7.2-7.6
I just plugged your numbers in and I don't see where you get -.4. Did you input the water temperature? As it gets higher, CSI improves. So does running the pH at the upper end of the safe zone.

Also, each time you add 2 FC you're adding about 3 salt, so you already have a good bit and it's going to go up.

I think you're worrying too much.

Thanks guys, yeah I am an ex mechanic so I am very proactive in my maintenace. And I am having a senior moment I think, I just noticed after a couple years that my k 2006 does test for salt. I never have paid it any attention because I dont have a salt pool and saw salt on the pool math page and got cofused. And yes I did plug my temp in the pool math page at 90 degrees. I will recheck my numbers and see were I went wrong.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.