Salt level reading differs from Taylor test kit and OmniLogic by 1000ppm

jfjhfjvss

Oct 25, 2020
Orlando
Just got my OmniLogic automation + TCELL-940 professionally installed yesterday.

The Salt reading from the taylor test kit I have is 2800ppm. The salt reading from the OmniLogic is 3834ppm.

One is too high and one is too low from ideal, but I'm not sure how to figure out which is correct.

Any suggestions?

When was the salt added?

What was the salinity reading before the salt was added?

How much salt was added?

Is the salt 100% mixed in?

Did the system installer test the salinity?

Is the correct cell type selected?

I originally added the salt to it about 30 days ago, but it had dropped in the last month while we got delayed for the install (had a leak and other issues). Salt was about 2600 two days ago when I tested it. I added enough salt to bring it to 3200ppm but it didn't get there yet (obviously) so I'm guessing the salt isn't fully mixed in.

I spread it slowly over the surface and then brushed any granules that fell to the floor. Should it take more than 2 days to normalize?

I'm fine just waiting longer, but I thought I could retest it sooner than this. When I saw the salt cell saying 3800ppm I thought I had added too much so I retested and only got 2800ppm with my Taylor test.

No idea if they tested salinity or if the correct cell type is selected. They do this all the time, so I would assume yet, but how can I check?

Check chlorinator diagnostics to see what cell type is selected.

Diagnostics should show the volts, amps, salinity, temperature and cell type.

See what those are.

Reverse polarity and recheck the readings.

Last edited:
Just got my OmniLogic automation + TCELL-940 professionally installed yesterday.
Professional installation includes making sure that the system works properly.

What did the "professional" do to ensure that the system was working properly?

Have you called them to inquire about why the discrepancy?

Did they test the salinity or add salt?

See what the diagnostic readings show.

If the cell type is set to T-9, that would explain the difference.

If the cell type is set to T-15, the salinity is probably correct and you should verify the salinity a different reliable way.

This has gotten better with time but still isn't accurate. Currently 3000ppm with Taylor kit, 3650ppm instant reading in Omnilogic.

This feels like a happy medium where no matter who is right, the system will probably be fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.