SALT CELL STOCK! Complete newbb

May 7, 2018
Los Angeles
Hello everyone,

Just bought my first house and dealing with some pool issues. House is only 5 years old (built 2013). My pool system is Jandy Aqualink RS-6 Combo One-Touch.

My new pool guy came in and inspected the system. He cleaned the filter (it was very dirty; I guess previous owners didn't maintain it well), but he couldn't remove salt cell. He unscrewed it from one side and was not able from another. He told me to call home warranty that I got with the house. Any way I can remove/loosen this without getting home warranty involved?

Other issues -little 4 button keypad next to the spa is not working. There is a red light on top of it that is either solid red or flashing red depending on heater state, but buttons 1-4 are not working. I read on this forum that there is lock out for the little keypad somewhere, but I can't figure out where it is. Anyone know?

- Spa lights are burned out (not lighting up at least). Whats the cheapest way to replace them? I was quoted $200/light. Seems like a lot.

Any other tips for the system I have?

TIA!

I can’t help, but bumping you up so that hopefully someone who can will jump in!

I assume an Aquapure cell? You remove the flow sensor by lossening the nut and then the couplings to the cell are unscrewed. If that is what is stuck you can try a strap wrench, PVC pliers, or an oil filter wrench.

[Edit]
I should also mention if it is the Aquapure Ei, which looks like a big mound, that they make a locking tool to undo the big coupler.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.