Safety Covers - Merlin vs Looploc vs GLI

tank47

Bronze Supporter
Apr 28, 2019
NJ
I'm shopping for my first pool cover and can't seem to figure out if there is really any difference in quality or materials between Merlin, Looploc or GLI. Most of the installers I've spoken to swear that they are all the same material. I feel I am leaning towards the thicker mesh option (Merlin calls theirs SmartMesh, GLI calls theirs ProMesh and I forget the name of the Looploc version). Has anyone been through this shopping experience and compared these same brands have any feedback? Pricing and warranty is about equal. If one uses better springs or stitching that would help me make up my mind.

My guess is this is similar to pools, the installer you choose is probably more important than the product you go with....

No comparison experience. But I can say I've been fully satisfied with my Merlin Smartmesh cover. It is 7 years old and in great shape. Only the tubing covering the springs will get replaced when the cover gets re-installed in the fall.

I have a Merlin as well and it's great. Would buy the same one again tomorrow if it broke. Which it won't, since it's a good cover and not breaking is basically its only criteria for being a good cover.

Its the Ford/Chevy/GMC thing all over again. Or Jandy/Hayward/Pentair. Millions of happy users with all 3.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.