Safety Cover: Merlin Smartmesh vs GLI Max Shade

Here’s how mine works as a single piece cover. Yes, there is pressure on the spa corner coping, but the extra fabric placed under the cover prevents tearing - at least it has for my 15 years of usage. It’s had several inches of snow on it (even in Texas!) but the snow doesn’t put enough pressure on the cover to cause any damage.

1663945622459.jpeg

Reactions: newdude
Here’s how mine works as a single piece cover. Yes, there is pressure on the spa corner coping, but the extra fabric placed under the cover prevents tearing - at least it has for my 15 years of usage. It’s had several inches of snow on it (even in Texas!) but the snow doesn’t put enough pressure on the cover to cause any damage.

View attachment 454729
But a close up of your spa has it being round walled and not square sharp corners and the spa portion of the cover doesn't go all the way to the edge but sort of across the water portion leaving the walls exposed. If the op can get it like that it'll probably work just fine.

But a close up of your spa has it being round walled and not square sharp corners and the spa portion of the cover doesn't go all the way to the edge but sort of across the water portion leaving the walls exposed. If the op can get it like that it'll probably work just fine.
Yes, a round spa, but the corners on the coping are still sharp. They would tear the fabric if it’s not protected with an additional layer underneath.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.