Melbourne, AUS
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Astral VX 7T
Hi everyone, i've done a fair bit of searching and reading of existing threads and know that these are two popular models with users here.
I'm wondering really what the benefit (if any) of the M600 is over the S400 given they both have the same warranty (at least here in Australia) and cost difference isn't big. The published features seem quite similar with extra suction on the M600 with the trade off of greater weight and the two scrubbing brushes at the front vs a single wide one. Is there a benefit to the two separate front brushes vs single?
My pool is a rectangular 30ft x 14ft tiled surface with three steps at the end. I've been using a Poolvergnuegen suction cleaner but it's stuggling now with larger leaves from 2 nearby magnolia trees.

Thanks for any advice

For what it's worth, and for anyone coming along later, here is what I found speaking to a few stockists and research:
The S400 is a single motor vs dual motor on the M600. The dual motor means the robot acts like a skid steer and can turn almost on the spot.
The S400 can only move in a single direction, making it better suited for smaller pools as the time it takes to manoeuvre means less cleaning overall (allegedly)
The larger motor and impeller on the M600 makes it better for wall and waterline cleaning on smooth surfaces.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Can't give you much advice on robots, been using a Poolvergnügen myself. Generally happy with it. But yes, larger leaves are a problem.

Should you buy a robot, please share your success with nuclear Aussie leaves, and if the robot is doing a better job with them than the suction cleaner.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.