Rust on wall of plaster pool

aquaman

Gold Supporter
May 28, 2008
Pleasanton, CA
Hi everybody,

I would argue that this looks like metal rusting from a rebar tie/etc.
If that is the pool finish eroding (me and bad water management?) would this NOT have occurred?
~ 17 yr old pool.
About 5-7 yrs ago I had a previous spot and pool builder fixed (or a sub - it was unclear). They did it without draining down to the defect. It doesn't match, but it is close enough.
Now this one.
Pool builder gave me 2 names for repair, neither do this patch work. I called two others they don't either. Everyone offers full re-finish if I want a free estimate, and re-finishing is backlogged 6 months.

Q1. Does anyone here thinks that a 17 yr old pool would somehow be builder's responsibility? In fairness I do not.
Q2. I have found no FYI here about this - although I would be nuts to try, I wanted to at least read/see video about it.

Attachments

• GOPR0859.jpg
    GOPR0859.jpg
    365.8 KB · Views: 10
  • GOPR0862.jpg
    GOPR0862.jpg
    404.9 KB · Views: 10
Take a magnet to the rust spot and if it grabs= that's rebar. Is this just one spot or more?

How does the rest of the pool's plaster look? Is it getting close to needing replastering? 17 years does seem a bit early but that can also depend on water quality and abuse.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.