Run the Pump for Shorter Period or Turn Down the Output %

Marines75

Jun 18, 2017
Cold Spring, NY
Good Evening,

I am a new Pureline 40g SWG owner and I love it. I have a 20g vinyl IG. I ran the pump at 40% for 12hrs and my FC was at 9.5. When I changed the output to 30% my FC doesn't seem to go down. It's staying steady at 9.5 FC. Should I continue to lower the output or shorter the run time?

Thanks so much guys,
Steven

FC-9.5
CC-0
PH-7.2
AC-80
CH-90-Vinyl
CYA-80

Seems to me both will accomplish the same thing which is lower FC. I like the water circulating for longer periods so I just lowered the output. Since you went from 40 to 30 I would go in smaller steps if able. I have a 2 speed pump which runs on low speed the majority of the time for a total of 11 hours.

It will go down, how long did you wait? Unless it is going up, you are probably good. Run at 10% of CYA. Mine overproduces all the time. I bounced between 58% and 53%. It did get really high once at 15 and I just turned it to 0% for 3 days.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.