Rubber winter plugs and old vacuum line

hburke0525

Jun 18, 2020
Media, PA
We have a 1 inch unconnected pvc line from an old cleaner. It does not run to the pump, it is capped at both ends with winter plugs. Pool guys recommended we keep the line when we replastered just in case we want to replumb it for something down the line. Hindsight we wouldn’t have kept it, but were new to this.

Got a pool robot and am worried about it running over the rubber expansion plug with the screw end. Don’t want it to damage the robot.

Are there any other plugs that are flat? Last year they opened the line even though it went nowhere. This year I would like to keep it plugged but looking for any suggestions. If not I guess we should make it threaded?

Alternate question- what else can you use a 1 inch line for? It is above the returns a few inches.

When I removed my pressure side cleaner, I plumbed that line into the return line so that it was always connected to a fresh flow of water. I've heard of them becoming secret havens for algae that then explodes into an algae bloom when your back is turned. So that's my suggestion to you. Plumb it back into your return line, and just use it as another return.

When I removed my pressure side cleaner, I plumbed that line into the return line so that it was always connected to a fresh flow of water. I've heard of them becoming secret havens for algae that then explodes into an algae bloom when your back is turned. So that's my suggestion to you. Plumb it back into your return line, and just use it as another return.
Thanks a lot for this- that was my concern last year when it was accidentally opened. Looking like this is the best option.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.