RS8 turning itself on

GMTK

Bronze Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
San Antonio
RS8 (labeled Blue Haven 6100) has randomly started turning the “ray vac” on at random times. I trashed the ray vac months ago for a dolphin, at which time I deleted all the ray vac programming on the controller in the house.
Fast forward to a few days ago when I get home and see the ray vac light on. I verified there is not a program for the ray vac.
I found a tfp post about a spa randomly turning on (Jandy RS6 spa turns itself on) so i might try and disconnect the pins at the service box. Any other ideas? Controller is about 14 years old.

Attachments

• 7E0EEB4C-82DF-4706-BB5C-6C38A1C6B8EA.jpeg
    7E0EEB4C-82DF-4706-BB5C-6C38A1C6B8EA.jpeg
    44.9 KB · Views: 3
Hey I just scanned that other thread - it sounds like their problems were faulty spa-side switches and/or plain bad connection of the spa-side switch to the board (on the terminal block). They suggested locking out the spa-side control, so I'd try that to help isolate the problem.
Tom

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.